ColumbiaX: CSMM.101x Artificial Intelligence (AI)
These are my notes from the edX course run by Columbia University, New York on AI. I took the course in the 12 weeks beginning 29th January 2018.
The course is delivered in part by video lectures given by the course leader, Professor Ansaf Salleb-Aouissi, whose first language is not English. Fortunately the platform offers synchronous transcript, pause, rewind and speed changes.
The key text on AI is by Russell and Norvig.
- Week 1: Introduction and roadmap
- Week 2: Intelligent agents, uninformed search
- Week 3: Heuristic search, greedy search, A* algorithm, stochastic search
- Week 4: Adversarial search, game playing
- Week 5: Machine Learning 1: basic concepts, linear models, K nearest neighbors, overfitting
- Week 6: Machine Learning 2: perceptrons, neural networks, naive Bayes
- Week 7: Machine Learning 3: decision trees, ensemble, logistic regression, and unsupervised learning
- Week 8: Constraint satisfaction problems
- Week 9: Markov decision processes, reinforcement learning.
- Week 10: Logical agents, propositional logic and first order logic
- Week 11: AI applications to natural language processing (NLP)
- Week 12: AI applications to vision/robotics, Course Review and Conclusion
Notes and references
- Russell, S.J. & Norvig, P., 2009. Artificial Intelligence, a Modern Approach 3rd ed., Prentice Hall.